Monday Morning 8:30 am, Feb 6th !
AT: Florida Medical Center, 5000 West Oakland Park Boulevard, Lauderhill, FL
(Florida Medical Center, 5000 West Oakland Park Boulevard, Lauderhill, FL)
- Nurses at Florida Medical Center (FMC) have been working under unsafe conditions to the point of severe injury for nurses.
- Nurse to patient assignments in most departments is deemed unsafe by the RNs almost daily
- The hospital has resisted recognizing nurse leaders, failed to resolve problems/grievances and has restricted the RNs right to represent members on their off duty time.
- The contract bargaining has dragged out for 8 months while management continues to tolerate unsafe conditions in a community hospital while ignoring care givers grievences, requests, suggestions and dignity.
- Due the above behavior the management of FMC has endangered the entire community.
For these reasons NURSES UNION REQUESTS: OCCUPY FORT LAUDERDALE AND THE 99% JOIN THE DEMONSTRATION AND PRESS CONFERENCE EVENT.
- The RIGHT for SAFE RN to Patient ratios
- The RIGHT to RESPECT our decision to be Union and for our RN Leaders to represent their members without restrictions
- The RIGHT to have a workplace free of violence
- The RIGHT to have a completed contract with ratios, wages and improvements